In 1880 the Laura Andrews Free Library and Benevolent Association was incorporated. By 1906 a new building was completed and turned over to the town for the purpose of a public library.
On June 27, 1971, the new Thomaston Public Library building (7,000 square feet) was dedicated and 14 years later on May 5, 1985, the original library building was dedicated as the Laura Andrews Children’s Wing (2,000 square feet).
The Thomaston Public Library offers a wide range of services and opportunities for personal and cultural enrichment. The library’s collection includes more than 40,000 adult books and 20,000 children’s books, as well as music CD’s, CD audiobooks, magazines and movie DVDs. Computers and free wi-fi are available for public use.