What is Mini-BookCon 2018?
Mini-BookCon 2018 is an opportunity for publishers, agents, editors, writing program providers, MFA programs, and others to show their stuff to current and future writers.
This event is tied to the Writers Conference, day three (October 14) of the Saugatuck StoryFest. It is also tied to the 2018 Connecticut Book Awards which will be presented on that day. The Saugatuck StoryFest is a three-day literary event scheduled for October 12, 13 and 14, 2018 at various sites within Westport, CT.
What’s the story?
The Saugatuck StoryFest is a partnership between a Westport Library and Staples High School in Westport. It is partly an extension of the very successful WestportWRITES program at the library and the desire of faculty at the high school who wanted to develop an educational opportunity for students outside of the classroom. Westport Library extended an invitation to the Connecticut Center for the Book to hold the 2018 Connecticut Book Awards Ceremony as part of StoryFest and the Center gladly accepted.
Activities for the day include:
- A local author’s breakfast featuring conversations between some of Westport’s popular writers moderated by local authors Charlotte Rogan and Nina Sankovitch
- A keynote address by National Book Award nominee Ibi Zoboi
- Appearances by Peter Blauner, Andrew Goss and Riley Sager
- Writers workshops
- Panel discussions, including one with winners from the 2017 Connecticut Book Awards, moderated by a host from WNPR’s Where We Live
- A keynote speech by 2017 Connecticut Book Award Winner for Nonfiction Okey Ndibe
The mini-BookCon 2018 is an opportunity to connect Connecticut-based writers with those who can strengthen their growth in the literary world, whether that is through an MFA program to hone new skills, a conference to learn more about the field, a publisher who is just the right fit, an agent who can guide a writer through the publishing process, or an editor who can help shape the writing.
Day Three of the Saugatuck StoryFest is the down-to-earth nitty-gritty of writing workshops and, ultimately, the 2018 Connecticut Book Awards, where the culmination of all that hard work is rewarded. You are invited to join us on this important day.
Number of tables available: 20
Cost for each table: $50.00
To save your place at Mini-BookCon 2018, please register here: https://bit.ly/2uGBVog