We are eager to round out the Connecticut Public Library Directory!
For Public Librarians
Public libraries are already included in the directory, but many listings are incomplete. Here’s what you can do to round out your listing.
- Please rollover ‘libraries’ in the navigation bar, select your region and then select your library (or just use Search).
- If your library has not been ‘claimed’ – in other words it does not say ‘Owner Verified Listing’ on the left-hand side of the page then please click ‘Business Owner’
- Register for an account, and complete the pop-up ‘Claim Listing’ form.
- Once we receive it, we’ll verify you own the listing and approve.
- Visit the ‘Register/Login/Logout‘ page and go to the ‘My Listings’ drop down, then select ‘Places’. (You can also reach this via ‘My Dashboard’.) This will bring you to a page with your library listing which you can then edit!
- Visit the ‘Register/Login/Logout’ page via the navigation bar.
- Login if you are not logged in already
- Go to the ‘Add Listing’ drop down
- Select ‘Event’
- Complete the form
- We will receive notification that an event has been submitted, we’ll take a look, edit if necessary, and then approve the event. Events can take up to 48 hours to approve.
IMPORTANT: When adding events, you will see a field called ‘Link Business’. Click on this and search for your library. When you find it, select and then click the ‘Fill In Business Details’ button. The ‘Event Title’ field and ‘Description’ field will fill in what you added above in ‘Claim Listing’. Delete that information in the Event form and replace it with the Event title and Event description. (Don’t ask…) Everything else should fill in correctly: phone #, website address, social media links, etc. Selecting ‘Link Business’ is IMPORTANT because your events will then show as a tab in your listing as well as a regular event.
- Please only submit events that are written or spoken word related.
- Don’t forget to add an image to your Place listing – an exterior photo is good!
- Don’t forget to add an image to your Event listing. A generic image will load automatically if you don’t add something, but it’s not nearly as good as something unique to your event.
- Don’t forget to logout when you are all finished.