- Deadline: Online form and payment must be received by May 2, 2022 no later than 5:00 p.m.
- Finalists will be announced in September 2022. Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in October 2022. (Final date to be determined.)
- An online entry form and payment must be submitted for each title under consideration. A mailed submission can be arranged. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make these arrangements.
- Payment must be received by the deadline to be eligible.
- Six (6) copies of the books submitted must be arrive in our offices no later than May 13, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
- Distribution of copies: One (1) copy will be distributed to each of the five (5) judges in the category for review. One (1) copy of each finalist and winning entries will be held in the Connecticut Center for the Book’s archives.
- Submissions made on behalf of an author must get their consent to the entry of his/her title for consideration.
- Submissions will not be considered without author’s contact information.
Mail book copies to:
Connecticut Center for the Book
c/o Connecticut Humanities
100 Riverview Center, Suite 290
Middletown, CT 06457
Fee for Submission
$50 per entry payable by credit/debit card or check.
Needs-Based Fee Waiver:
Connecticut Center for the Book is an affiliate of the Library of Congress and a program of Connecticut Humanities. Both take a strong stand on inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility.
Publishing is one of many spheres of influence where the voices we hear do not always reflect the diversity in backgrounds and points of view found in our communities. This is a long-standing and multifaceted problem, and one that cannot be reversed by any one organization but we can contribute to the solution.
This year the Connecticut Center for the Book offers a needs-based fee waiver option for authors. We recognize that a $50 fee is a significant barrier for some writers. If this describes you, you may opt out of this requirement, no questions asked.
Only author-submitters are eligible for the waiver. As always, publicists and agents are welcome and encouraged to put forward submissions; however, the entry fee is still required in such cases.
Please also note that, even if you take advantage of the waiver opportunity, the program still requires six (6) physical copies of each book entered into consideration. This stipulation is nonnegotiable.
ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.