Thank you for considering submission to the 2019 Connecticut Book Awards. Please read the eligibility requirements below. If you have any questions concerning eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Submissions must be made by 5:00 p.m. on April 19, 2019.
Finalists will be announced in September 2019. Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in October 2019.
About the Connecticut Book Awards
The mission of the Connecticut Center for the Book is to promote the written and spoken word throughout the state and the Connecticut Book Awards recognize and honor those authors and illustrators who have created the best books in or about our state. The Center is Connecticut’s affiliate of the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress.
Eligibility Requirements for Book Awards that will be made in 2019:
- Authors and illustrators must currently reside in Connecticut and must have lived in the state at least three consecutive years or have been born in the state. Alternatively, the work may be substantially set in Connecticut.
- Titles must have been published for the first time between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018 or have a copyright within 2018.
- All submitted books must have a valid ISBN.
- Anthologies are acceptable. Author(s) must currently reside in Connecticut and must have lived in the state at least three consecutive years or have been born in the state. Alternatively, the works must be substantially set in Connecticut.
- Books by deceased authors will be accepted only if the author was still living at the beginning of the eligibility year (January 1, 2018).
The following are NOT eligible:
- Reprints of books published in another year.
- Books written by staff or families of Connecticut Center for the Book, Connecticut Humanities, or members or families of the CT Book Award review committee and/or its judges.
ENTRY FEES WILL NOT BE RETURNED IF ENTRIES ARE INELIGIBLE.
Submissions open on January 2, 2019.